We coordinate volunteer groups and provide the necessary equipment to pick up litter in local neighborhoods and public areas throughout Omaha, such as parks, trails, and dam sites. We also offer an incentive of $50 for volunteer groups that collect litter along at least 2 miles of trail located within Omaha. Litter cleanups can be scheduled for any time, and the location is flexible to meet the needs of your group.
If your volunteer group is interested in keeping our community clean and beautiful by picking up litter, please complete our online volunteer form or call us at 402.444.7774.
Community Cleanups are public litter cleanup events open for anyone to attend. They move to a different neighborhood each time and partner with an organization or business local to that neighborhood. Check out the schedule for the upcoming community cleanups:
- Leavenworth Neighborhood Cleanup: Sunday, March 25, 12-2pm @ Farine + Four [3020 Leavenworth St.], partnered with Leavenworth Neighborhood Association
- Blackstone Community Cleanup: Sunday, April 15, 1-3pm @ Pranam Yoga Shala [148 S 39th St], partnered with Pranam Seva
- South Omaha Community Cleanup: Sunday, April 22, time TBD @ Brown Park [ 5708 S 15th St], Upland Park [3104 Jefferson St], and Highland Park [2512 D St], partnered with Heartland Workers Center
- Neighborhood Action & Fact Cleanup: Saturday, May 5, 3-5pm @ Spencer Street Community Garden [3118 North 24th Street], partnered with Global Leadership Group
- Park Ave Neighborhood Cleanup: Saturday, May 12, time TBD @ inCommon Community Center [1340 Park Ave], partnered with inCommon
- Dundee Fireworks Cleanup: Saturday, July 7, 11am-1pm @ Scout [5018 Underwood Ave]