We assist the City of Omaha’s Parks & Recreation Department by coordinating the Adopt-a-Park program. Volunteer groups that adopt an Omaha park are provided with supplies and asked to do the following:
- Agree to a one-year commitment
- Complete a brief monthly form and submit it to Keep Omaha Beautiful
- Clean the adopted park at least once a month (i.e, pick up litter and debris)
Additional activities can include sweeping sidewalks and parking lots, cleaning the barbeque grills, raking leaves, picking up branches, pulling weeds, and reporting broken equipment or tables.
If a group is interested, some adopted parks may need special projects completed such as:
- Cleaning gutters and storm drains
- Painting park benches, picnic tables, and/or playground equipment
- Painting over graffiti
- Mulching certain areas
- Planting and watering trees and flowers
For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at 402.444.7774 or HelloKOB@cityofomaha.org.